LEMON TART + BLUEBERRY SORBET
I had a blast at the Discovery Vitality's Healthy Food Studio. State-of-the-art kitchens, with their fantastic chefs, and a wealth of healthy ingredients to whip up a tasty treat with a minimum of saturated fats and refined sugars we created this easy delicious recipe. So, the next time you feel like you can't escape the heat, try this cool kick of lemon and blueberry without worrying too much about your hard-earned beach bod.
- 140 ml Lemon Juice
- 80g Unsalted Butter
- 80g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 180g Desiccated Coconut
- 150g Dates
- 40ml Water
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Place the coconut, dates and water in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Press coconut mixture into greased tart cases and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until dry.
- Place the butter, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl over a double boiler and whisk the mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk them and slowly add to the lemon mixture. Continue to whisk until the lemon mixture thickens. The mixture needs to be able to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour into the tart case and place in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours
- 3 cups Fresh Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Raw Honey
- 3 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/3 cup Water
- Wash the blueberries and freeze overnight or until they are fully frozen.
- In a food processer, add the frozen berries, raw honey, lemon zest, lemon juice and water.
- Process the mixture until it is smooth and evenly processed.
- Once smooth taste for sweetness and adjust with adding more honey
- Serve immediately or transfer to air tight containers and freeze for a harder consistency.
- Purple and Yellow Pansy Flowers
- Blueberries cut in half
- Mint leaves picked and washed